Cheapest Tour To North Korea with Local Travel Agency, North Korea is arguably the world’s most unique travel experience. We arrange monthly group North Korea tours which take in everything from National holidays through to the annual North Korean Open Golf Tournament and various other sporting events.
We also arrange individual private North Korea tours at any time throughout the year. Our upcoming tour dates and the itinerary of our standard tour is below. Our standard North Korea tours start in Beijing. However, we also offer a cheaper option of beginning and ending the tour in Dandong (North East China).
You can find below the standard itinerary that can be booked as a private tour any time of year. For details of longer tours please email us.
Below is an example of our standard tour:
- Depart Beijing Railway station at 17:25 onboard the train to Dandong. Relax in the restaurant car before returning to your cabins to sleep overnight.
- North Korea Tour Pyongyang bus North Korea Tour Hotel Ryugyong Pyongyang North Korea Tour Pohyon Temple Guide North Korea Tour Kaesong
- Arrive in Dandong at 7:15. We have a couple of hours break to get breakfast before returning to the train station for the 10:00 train to Pyongyang. The train departs and we cross the Yalu river on the Sino-Korea Friendship bridge over to Sinuiju. The train stops at North Korean customs where we will remain for around 2 hours before continuing the journey to Pyongyang. View the Korean countryside and workers in the fields through the train windows throughout your journey to the capital. Packed lunch provided on the train. The journey is a great chance to mix with locals on the train and also stand on the bustling platforms while the train stops at each town along the way. We reach Pyongyang in time for dinner at the Yanggakdo hotel. Evening spent at leisure around the hotel grounds. Check out the hotel’s microbrewery or head up to the revolving bar on the top floor with incredible vistas of Pyongyang. There’s also the chance to go bowling, play pool or perform on karaoke!
- North Korea Tour Pyongyang Metro seller North Korea Tour Myohangsan Pohyon Temple North Korea Tour Mangyongdae childrens palace North Korea Tour Mansudae Monument Kim Jong Il
- After breakfast we are driven to Mount Myohang to explore one of the most beautiful areas in the Korean peninsula. On arrival we visit the International Friendship Exhibition Hall, a huge complex consisting of over 100,000 gifts given by various world leaders and figures to Kim Il Sung and Kim Jong Il. Including the extravagant sight of two trains given to Kim Il Sung by Chairman Mao and Joseph Stalin! After visiting the exhibit highlights we are taken onto the balcony of the exhibition hall to view the breathtaking scenery of the area. We leave the exhibition hall and drive to nearby Pohyon Temple. The temple dates from the 11th Century and the founding of the Koryo Dynasty. It is one of the few remaining Buddhist temples in North Korea. The local guide will give you a tour of the site and introduce you the the temple’s monks. After lunch in Myohang-ch’on we return to Pyongyang and visit the Arch of Triumph and Mangyongdae Native House. Afterwards we will visit the Youth palace to watch a special performance by local children. We will go for a traditional Korean meal before returning to the hotel in the evening.
- North Korea Tour Mangyongdae schoolchildrens palace North Korea Tour Mass Games North Korea Tour Mass Games North Korea Tour Mass Games
- After breakfast we head to Panmunjom, the ‘truce village’ that straddles the North/South Korean border and visit the Armistice Hall, where the truce was signed at the end of the Korean war. We are given talks by North Korean military personnel explaining the history of the site before heading over to visit the DMZ or Military Demarcation line; an area that Bill Clinton described as ‘one of the most dangerous places in the world’. If there are no tourists on the Southern side then we will have the chance to go inside the blue buildings which straddle the border. Once inside you can walk freely across the North and South border. Afterwards we drive to Kaesong to visit the Koryo History Museum before a traditional Kaesong lunch. We then return to Pyongyang in the afternoon to view the Tower of Juche Idea, take a trip on the Pyongyang Metro and visit the Mansudae Monument and view the newly constructed giant bronze statue of Kim Jong Il now stood next to his father. We will then visit one of the best restaurants in Pyongyang, the Duck BBQ before returning to the hotel where you will have the chance to shop at the export store. Buy anything from books, CDs and DVDs to stamps, pin badges and propaganda artwork. Depending on what activities are available at the time of the tour, we also offer the option of spending the evening outside the hotel, visiting either the funfair, orchestra, circus or bar.
- North Korea Tour Kaesong DMZ Guide North Korea Tour Pyongyang Metro North Korea Tour Kaesong Restaurant North Korea Tour Mangyongdae schoolchildrens palace
- After breakfast we take a full day tour of Pyongyang. We begin at the Kumsunsan Memorial Palace, also known as “Palace of the Sun”. This is one of the most revered sites in North Korea, being the resting place of the bodies of Kim Il Sung and Kim Jong Il. See many of the personal belongings and items of both former leaders; everything from Kim Jong Il’s Mac to his yacht! Finally we get to see both leaders lying in state in their glass coffins. We then head for lunch by Kim Il Sung square before visiting the Grand People’s Study House. In here we can stand in on English lessons, visit ‘the great philopher’ who answers questions on any subject, and also visit the library, computer and music rooms. We later move on to the Korean War museum where as well as shot down US planes and captured weapons we can also climb aboard the USS Pueblo – the only US navy ship in captivity anywhere in the world. Afterwards we will have a farewell dinner in a Pyongyang restaurant before returning to the hotel.
- After breakfast we will return to the train station for our journey back to Sinuiju and out of North Korea. Lunch is provided on the train. Arrive back in Dandong at 16.30 before departing to Beijing at 18:30.
- Arrive in Beijing at 8:30